POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AA adaptive +am2? : Re: AA adaptive +am2? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:12:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AA adaptive +am2?
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 1 May 2004 18:15:34
Message: <40942186@news.povray.org>
> > +a0.03 +am2 +r90 +w320 +h240
> >
> > this scene is rendering terrible slow (few minutes on 2 GHz), isnt there
> > something wrong with AA code?
>

> I can confirm this. In fact, adding variation to the scene doesn't even
seem
> to make a difference.

My guess is as follows: +r90! Looking at the docs, I'd say it gets a hic-up
at this, probably because it needs to allocate some amount of RAM or so to
make the storage available for that many rays. I mean, the docs say 3 is
sufficient, and 9 already uses several thousands max, what does 90 look
like?

But that's just my 2 cent that might be worth nothing, if I'm wrong...

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"