POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My LOTW project (145K) : Re: My LOTW project (145K) Server Time
1 Jun 2024 04:34:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My LOTW project (145K)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 29 Apr 2004 13:36:12
Message: <40913d0c@news.povray.org>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:
> How did you get the foam along the waters edge?

   Casually, I'm just tweaking this texture. Now I simlified it a bit,
removing the intersection. The same terrain itself translated a bit is
enough. There is the relevant part:

  #declare terrain_coast=object{terrain translate Foam_Level*y}
  #declare m_water=
  material{
   texture{
    pigment_pattern{object{terrain_coast rgb 0, rgb 1}}
    texture_map{
      [0 t_water]
      [1 t_foam]
    }
    scale 100 warp{turbulence .3 lambda 3} scale 1/100
    scale 1000 warp{turbulence .3 lambda 3} scale 1/1000
   }

   The translation amount depends on your scene scale and how much foam
you want, and the same can be applied to the warps scale.

   The technique is simple, but I also expent many hours thinking on
that "foam challenge" along the years. Now I figured it casually while
looking at a foam tutorial by Patrick Merminod for a totally different
package: Vue d'Espirit.

--
Jaime