POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My LOTW project (145K) : Re: My LOTW project (145K) Server Time
13 Jun 2024 05:48:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My LOTW project (145K)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 29 Apr 2004 13:21:29
Message: <40913999@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:

> Gorgeous! Breathtaking technique results in a breathtaking scene.

   Thanks!

> Details like the fringe of foam aling the shore leave me shaking my
> head.

   :) Sorry, I forgot to mention that one... and it's so simple! It's
the object pattern used with an intersection of the terrain just a bit
under the water. And it's surprisingly fast.

> If you are playing with the tension between what is pristine wilderness,
> and what is inhabited wilderness, then I think that one element having
> an exaggerated significance is the existence, or not, of roads.

   There are some on the plain parts, between the fields (crackle), but
are not very visible on this one. Look at the other test I posted in
response to Christoph.

   Making autoways would be really dificult, as it would have to take
into account the terrain to follow a reasonable path... not that it
sounds impossible, but at least really hard.

--
Jaime