POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Difference object that cant be scaled : Re: Difference object that cant be scaled Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Difference object that cant be scaled
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 26 Apr 2004 13:28:56
Message: <408d46d8@news.povray.org>
In article <opr62nkrnmp4ukzs@news.povray.org> , Phil Cook
<phi### [at] nospamdeckingdealscouk>  wrote:

> I've also been caught out by this; the help file states that scale is used
> to change the size of an object or texture pattern with a origin sphere
> example. IMHO an additional non-origin sphere to demonstrate how it also
> affects the vector location(s) would make this a bit more obvious. The way
> scale works makes sense if you stop and think about it, but it's not
> something you you might stop and think of :)

Well, even if you don't think about it, you should know that there has to be
some center of scaling.  And once you start thinking about where that center
could be, you eventually starting thinking about how scaling does work ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde