POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org : Re: Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 26 Apr 2004 03:49:05
Message: <408cbef1$1@news.povray.org>
In article <408c86dd@news.povray.org> , "pan" <pan### [at] syixcom> wrote:

> Yes, I agree. But, twhat you term 'common sense' is nothing but
> Chris' version. Let's not deny the truth of that. To ascribe one
> person's view of what is 'proper' to some general definition is
> not logical or rational.
> Some people actually do view  natural sexual content as both
> healthy and beneficial. YMMV.

The POV-Team and TAG are not "Chris Cason", and neither one person alone.
Chris happens to be the owner of this server and as such will act upon
advice from all POV-Team and TAG members as he has the ultimate authority to
do so on his server.  It seems to be pretty clear to everybody else around
here, and Chris made that point crystal clear as well.

Please note that IMBJR explicitly stated that his images were not posted for
discussion and that he was not interested feedback whatsoever.  Further,
most of them were already on his website and posted in these newsgroups for
the sole purpose of destroying the sense of community.  The purpose of
povray.binaries.images is to get feedback about images.  As such, he was
already ignoring the purpose of the group povray.binaries.images, yet we did
not even take formal notice of this behavior, nor was this the reason for
the ban.

This may very well be your opinion.  It should be noted that the images
IMBJR posted were absolutely not as which you describe them.  And this was
not the reason for the ban either!  It is as simple as that he had been
asked not to post a specific image or its variations again due to reasons
outlined by the owner of this server.  He ignored this request, twice.  As
he was a guest on this server, this  behavior was unacceptable and the
reason for the ban.

In conclusion, just as we accept that you have the right to invite as well
as deny access to anybody to your property, we expect that you accept that
we have exactly the same right.  We do not ask you to be happy with it, we
just ask you to accept that you are a guest and behave as a guest.

I am sorry if our attitude causes you to not wish to continue to visit this
server,

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg