POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org : Re: Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:11:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org
From: John VanSickle
Date: 25 Apr 2004 19:03:09
Message: <408C43AA.A0C3E1F2@hotmail.com>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:

> tho### [at] trfde news:408b936b$1@news.povray.org
>
> > It is with regret that this message serves as official notice that
> > IMBJR's authorization to connect to news.povray.org has been revoked.
> > This is a unanimously supported action on the part of the News Server
> > Administration and was not done without considerable deliberation on
> > our part.
>
> Hmm well, words like "cuba" "totalitarizm" etc came to my mind... I thought
> PovRAY was more about freedom (of creating, using software, etc), well..

IMBJR has the freedom to post his work elsewhere.  The povray.org servers
are not his property and he has no rights towards them in any way whatsoever.

To compare IMBJR's exclusion from property that is not his, to the policies
and behavior of the Cuban government, is to compare *opposites*.

Regards,
John