POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Can POV SDL read system time? : Re: Can POV SDL read system time? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:12:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can POV SDL read system time?
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 23 Apr 2004 19:30:52
Message: <4089a72c@news.povray.org>
I saw (I don't remember where) that this will be available in future versions of
POV-Ray.

Reading system clock would be also useful in sunpos.inc (that returns the
position of the sun, for a given date, time, and location on earth). It would be
useful to use actual time rather than changing parameters on each render
(briefly, I have the same problem as you).