POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : compiling problems pov-3.5-c linux gcc : Re: compiling problems pov-3.5-c linux gcc Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:49:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: compiling problems pov-3.5-c linux gcc
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 20 Apr 2004 08:00:00
Message: <408510c0@news.povray.org>
> However, if you indeed used 2.95.x (and there wasn't some
> obscure upgrade you didn't notice)

        I'll check it again.  Yet I'm pretty sure it was indeed 2.95.4
(I remember the exact number because I could not believe having < 3.2
on the Debian I tried it).  Also the same compiler flags reported in
the initial message of this thread were not supported either.  Only
I didn't check the binary carefully, such started a benchmark run on
it without waiting for completion...
        In between I've quickly installed gcc-3.3.3, so I will need to
"obscure" this one in order to revert to the old gcc for confirmation  ;-)

        - NC