POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : compiling problems pov-3.5-c linux gcc : Re: compiling problems pov-3.5-c linux gcc Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:05:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: compiling problems pov-3.5-c linux gcc
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 20 Apr 2004 07:14:37
Message: <4085061d$1@news.povray.org>
In article <4084404d$1@news.povray.org> , Nicolas Calimet
<pov### [at] freefr>  wrote:

>  In fact gcc-2.95.4 is able to compile the current development source of
> povray (I also faced this gcc relic on a not-so-old-debian
> release, what I shock it was...).

This is very surprising in particular because it is not supposed to
understand all of the template constructs (according to what was added to
3.x compilers).  However, if you indeed used 2.95.x (and there wasn't some
obscure upgrade you didn't notice) this suggests 2.95.x can at least parse
those constructs, which is interesting - on the other hand, I wouldn't bet
on the code working correctly, if at all.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde