POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : symbol table overflow : symbol table overflow Server Time
28 May 2024 16:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  symbol table overflow
From: Lonster
Date: 20 Apr 2004 02:27:47
Message: <4084c2e3@news.povray.org>
Hello.  I am rather new to the POV programming world, and hope this is an
intelligent question.  My current project is to write a series of user
defined macros that would give all "LOGO turtle" graphics in 3D.  The math
to define the <xyz> position and heading, pitch and bank is easy enough, but
trying to recurse (call a macro from itself) quickly results in an error
from the symbol tables being too deeply nested.  I have a fast Athlon with 1
gig RAM and over 200 gigs free disk space, so memory not a problem.  Is
there any reasonably easy way to recompile POV-Ray to allow MUCH deeper
nesting or should I just forget about elegant code and reiterate while
running my own stack with a global index and arrays?  Thanx

---