POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JOB OFFER for PovRay people : Re: JOB OFFER for PovRay people Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JOB OFFER for PovRay people
From: andrel
Date: 16 Apr 2004 11:51:16
Message: <408000DF.8000205@hotmail.com>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> In article <407### [at] hotmailcom>,
>  andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>

>>Chris Cason wrote:
>>

>>>For postings with images such as this, povray.binaries.images is the best
>>>place.
>>>

>>I think off-topic would even be a better place as such a job
>>offer is clearly something that expires. One problem with that
>>is that it can not be reached from the web-interface (at least
>>I can not find it). Why is that anyway?
>

> Perhaps *.news-submissions would be a good group? It'll get better
> coverage, and that group is intended for one-shot news items.
Thanx I did not notice before it existed. Yet another newsgroup to
catch up :(
> If this
> sort of thing becomes more common, it may warrant a separate group.
I hope so, that is why I am following this discussion closely.
I made 5 covers for books (mostly dutch thesis) with POV-Ray.
I do not have much time though, and I planned to pass on the
next request for a cover to the POV community. Since making
that decision, nobody ask me to do another. I guess they know
I am very busy.

> In
> any case, it'd probably be good to start the subject lines with a tag
> such as "[JOB]", so such postings could easily be filtered out if needed.

good suggestion.