POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Making Dynamic Poser clothes : Re: Making Dynamic Poser clothes Server Time
4 May 2024 07:02:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Dynamic Poser clothes
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 12 Apr 2004 14:21:54
Message: <407ade42@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
news:407a9d0a@news.povray.org...

> > From hamapatch, I had to export as a DXF file, which loaded into Poser
ok
> > (the OBJ would not), although sometimes I have to flip normals, and
> > sometimes I don't.  I don't know what causes that.  Other times, I end
up
> > with missing poly's in the clothes.  Other times, I go to do the cloth
> > simulation, and I get stuck in an apparently infinite loop while it is
> > "Creating dynamics".  Unfortunately, exporting and importing non-native
> > formats from different programs probably isn't an ideal situation.
>
> For what it's worth, I find that UVMapper Pro does an excellent job when I
> have to fix problems on obj files.  It can remove or correct erroneous
> polygons,  let you play with the normals etc. I know it's a commercial
> product, but it's really handy (even though I now use professional
modeling
> tools).

$50 for UVMapper Pro.  I think I've downloaded it before, but I've never
really done much with it.  I'll have to try the demo again.  $50 isn't so
bad, though.  It would probably help to create realistic textures for the
dresses (or other clothes) that I might create.

> Also, the latest Poser 5 patch (SR 4.1) seems to fix some remaining issues
> with the dynamic clothes.

I didn't realize there was a SR 4.1 patch.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com