POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JOB OFFER for PovRay people : Re: JOB OFFER for PovRay people Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JOB OFFER for PovRay people
From: andrel
Date: 16 Apr 2004 05:06:20
Message: <407FA1F5.6060204@hotmail.com>
Ken wrote:
> "andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:407### [at] hotmailcom...

>>off-topic... ...can not be reached from the web-interface (at least
>>I can not find it). Why is that anyway?
>

> Because most if not all discussions in that group are unrelated to the use and
> promotion of POV-Ray. The developers prefer to keep the official website
> on-topic and the off-topic group does not suit that purpose.

Some on-topic discussions tend to go off-topic (like this one) ;)
My feeling is that we often should switch earlier to the off-topic group
sometimes people indeed set the follow up to o-t, but that means that
some people out there are not able to follow the discussion anymore.
Some (many) of the discussions in o-t are so far removed from POVRay
that I can see your point of not including it. I guess that it is
impossible to find a balance and I respect your choice.
	Andrel