POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Interesting bug in Win, memory leak : Re: Interesting bug in Win, memory leak Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting bug in Win, memory leak
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 8 Apr 2004 05:24:21
Message: <40751a45$1@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
> abx### [at] abxartpl news:vb1a70dvm1lrnposvdskirffj11ubfrhl5@4ax.com
>

>>requests and complains if you ignore so simple requests like using
>>beta-test group in relation to beta version of application? I
>>personally would appreciate a little more segregation of information
>>on your side. Thanks in advance,
>

> Ok, sorry.

And never forget to mention which beta you are talking about and on
which platform. There is no "Pov-Ray 3.6 beta", but "Pov-Ray 3.6 for
Windows beta 1", ...beta 2 etc. And actually you should allways be
talking only about the latest beta - in this case you don't seem to be
aware of the beta 3 and you are still using some older beta. Bug reports
of expired betas only cause harm to developers as you probably now
notice. Had you not "hacked" it/system time you would not be reporting
bugs of old versions. I'm very glad the executables _do_ expire...

It should also be mentioned which Windows you are using: 3.1, 95, 98,
2000, XP. I also think that bug reports of beta versions should be
posted to .beta-test, not to .bugreports which is moderated (or here).

Severi S.