POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why does it do this? : Why does it do this? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Why does it do this?
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 7 Apr 2004 23:11:16
Message: <4074c2d4@news.povray.org>
The images are of a series of thin translucent boxes with small spaces
between each. The effect of added opacity for each added layer is realistic,
until it gets to the fifth layer, where the completely opaque dark
rectangles appear. It seems totally illogical to me. Test01a has an ordinary
material with no interior or finish. Test01b has an interior with scattering
media. Since they both have the same problem, it can't be blamed on anything
to do with media. I've tried every variable I can think of with no success.
Does anyone know what causes this, and if there is a cure for it?
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test01b.jpg' (8 KB) Download 'test01a.jpg' (11 KB)

Preview of image 'test01b.jpg'
test01b.jpg

Preview of image 'test01a.jpg'
test01a.jpg