POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why does it do this? : Re: Why does it do this? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does it do this?
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 7 Apr 2004 23:17:39
Message: <4074C405.8000300@hotmail.com>
Steve, have you checked the max_trace_level setting in global_settings?
I'm 99% sure this is your problem, since the default max_trace_level is
five. If it's set too low you will get opaque effects (usually black).

Try this at the top of your scene file:

global_settings{
  max_trace_level 10
}

Keep bumping it up until the black opaque areas are vanquished.

Hope this helps.

-Samuel Benge