POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 7 Apr 2004 05:41:24
Message: <4073ccc4$1@news.povray.org>
>>Please tell me in which case it would be necessary to quote the whole
>>post your refering to as a whole (Quoting the whole post in several
>>parts, each answered/commented individually is of course a totally
>>different matter :)

> Quite simply: As the need fits.

So you really needed to include this last paragraph of my post in your
post, even if you didn't refer to it/comment on it and it had nothing to
do with the rest of your post?
I'm talkin about this paragraph:
 >(and yes, I know that news.povray.org is not usenet)
 >>
 >>Florian

>>http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/documents/quotingguide.html

> You really think someone's website is the Holy Bible on usenet
> behaviour?

Nope. But in Usenet, there's (in almost all groups) a common sense of
how posters treat each other. It's about respect. If you don't have the
time to prepare your post properly (by choosing the right quotes etc.),
why should anyone else spend his time with it? And don't tell me I don't
have to read/answer your posts. I know that. It's as stupid as saying
"Hey, I know my music is playin at 120db, but if you don't like it, just
stop listening to it".
The link I posted points to only one of thousands such sites where the
rules are actually written down for newbies and people like you -
although I'm afraid that telling you anything about rules in a community
is like trying to sell saunas to snowmen - absolutely hopeless.

Florian