POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 6 Apr 2004 02:15:58
Message: <40724b1e$1@news.povray.org>
> 2. I don't require reaction or comment.
That's for example one thing I do not understand about your attitude.
When you are not interested in other people's reactions or comments on
your images, why do you post your images here? I mean, I don't post my
images to renderosity, for example, simply because it's a place to post
CGI work.

> 3. Yes. You will be seeing much of me in the future.
Don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against your images, I just
said that I don't like your attitude, which seems to be to simply
disturb the normal life in these groups.
Although your images are often rather simple (in the technical way that
is), they have, as others already pointed out, often more artistic merit
than other posts.

> 4. You also note I've become less aggressive since the start of my
> most recent posting season here.
I noticed that and I think it's a good development :) We aren't an
intolerant community here. Call us old-fashioned, but IMHO we prefer
things to change slowly (like with image/video encoding formats).

Florian