POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : format and the web : Re: format and the web Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: format and the web
From: David Burnett
Date: 5 Apr 2004 16:44:48
Message: <4071c540$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <4071ad90$1@news.povray.org> , David Burnett
> <var### [at] ntlworldcom>  wrote:
>

> Well, all current versions of QuickTime produce flat movies by default.

And at no point did he say he used QT. And many new programs do not
produce flattened movies.  I do not use QT Pro, I'm not paying $30 for
functionality I can enable with a few lines of code.

We've been through this before

http://news.povray.org/povray.macintosh/thread/%3Cp### [at] ntlworldcom%3E/

>  However, fact is that even
> current versions of the two most popular web servers do not come with an
> MPEG-4 content-type setting for files with an MPEG-4 file extension...

Which will usually involve the server downloading a 'text' file, or
whatever the web master has set the server default too. Attempting to
download a file is is not flat file gives the error Anthony described
even if the good old 'Save As' stand by is used.

No one else suggested that it might be a possible cause.
And there was no reason to dismiss it out of hand.

Dave