POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 5 Apr 2004 12:44:45
Message: <40718cfd@news.povray.org>
"Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote in message
> fcu### [at] yahoocom news:40710692$1@news.povray.org
>
> > What would really bother me is if this person is posting these images
> > just to cause controversy
>
> Thats one of goals of real art, isnt it?
>
> I find IMBJR pimages medium to quite nice, but I do not see any reason to
> create Censure, is this news group about free software program, or are we
> in some Comunistic/Totalitary art group?
>
> --
> http://www.raf256.com/3d/
> Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/
> Computer Graphics

Some art galleries like to display controversial, antagonistic artwork and
some do not. It's always up to the art galleries what they display, and not
showing one artists work is NOT grounds for calling it censoring. If your
work is not acceptable under the standards of one gallery, take it to
another gallery where it will be appreciated.

r.