POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 5 Apr 2004 08:13:40
Message: <40714d74$1@news.povray.org>
> So I guess that modern artists, surreal-artists, etc - where all trolles?
Perhaps. But as I handle it today with people like IMBJR (killfile), I
would have handled it in those times - don't look at their images if I
don't like them.
I don't know that much about art, but I guess not many of those "old
trolls" broke into exhebitions of the old-school artists only to show
their "modern"-art and try to provoke.

> And if peoples would think like You, today we all would oil-paint 3d
> portrets of each other instead of using POV.
Nope. Don't confuse technical progress with change of moral.

> Btw, in one of nerws groups I was consider a troll (for some time) bacause
> using PovRay (instead of The Only Allowed By God Tool - 3dSMax).
Could happen to you here, too (if you start posting Max-only images).

> I realy thought that we have more tollerant peoples here, and that terms
> like freedom are more known.
I think I am more tolerant than many other people (regarding things like
homosexual marriage (cool!), etc.). But I simply can't stand it if
someone's only goal is to disturb others. It's like with hooligans in
football - if they want to beat each other up, they should go to a
box-club or meet somewhere else where they don't annoy the others.

Florian