POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 5 Apr 2004 08:05:48
Message: <40714b9c$1@news.povray.org>
>>So why are in every country I know only adults allowed to watch, rent,
>
> Good You added "I know"
I'd be interested if you could tell me in which industrial country this
is "organized" in a different way.

>>Or do you go out in the  kindergardens and sell porn, guns, alcohol,
>>drugs, etc. to the kids?

> Dont You see a slight difference here?

> Porn is used to doing *good* (Yourself ;)

[snip]

> Guns are used to *kill* or injure other peoples.
100% ACK. I admit that this wasn't a good argument.

[snip]

> making pleasure and discovering human body
>   -Vs-
> hurting, injuring, killing
>
> no difference realy?!

Porn is not always something good (I wonder if it is not almost always
something bad). It's about how we treat our fellow men: Porns often
display a kind of relationship between men and women which does in no
way represent their relationship in a "modern" society (I'm talking
about treating women as (sex-)objects instead of human beings here). I
think it's a good thing to prevent young kids from such a way of
thinking. So porn will not harm children physically and I would not go
as far as to state it harms them mentally, but IMHO it has a good chance
to influence their mind in a negative way (Which would be the same as
alcohol, with the slight difference that the effect of alcohol will
vanish after some hours of sleep).

Florian