POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Samuel T  Benge
Date: 5 Apr 2004 00:25:01
Message: <4070DF57.2040609@hotmail.com>
Timothy Cook wrote:

> You know, you don't have to read every post, nor should someone else's
> posting (save that of the admin) deter you from making your own posts.
> Common sense says: if you think something will be offensive, don't look
> at it.

Yes, and common sense tells me I don't have to support a community which
continues to allow such images to be displayed for all to see. It's not
like I go around the Internet looking for things to be offended at. It's
this simple: I'll stop posting my images and source (whatever it's
worth) if I believe I'm supporting a community which is tolerant of open
porn.

The content, IMO, is seriously downgrading the quality and atmosphere of
these groups.

-Samuel Benge