POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:10:04 EDT (-0400)
  Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Samuel T  Benge
Date: 4 Apr 2004 20:53:36
Message: <4070ADCB.6090108@hotmail.com>
It seems my favorite newsgroup on the POV-Ray news server has been
darkened by pornography. Of course I'm talking about binaries.images.
Webster's dictionary defines pornography as, "obscene literature or
pictures." Can you call what has been posted anything less? There is a
time and a place for such things, but I never thought the POV-Ray
newsgroups would be one of the places.

It is because of this I won't be posting anything there anymore. I don't
have to put up with people who insist what they are doing 'has to be
accepted'. I am not blind to the world portrayed in those images, but I
don't have to be reminded *every time* I visit the newsgroups. As a side
note, my message filters don't work or else I'd use them.

Am I the only one (besides Greg, Tyler, Bob, and Patrick) who feels this
way? Please speak up, or else nothing will be done about it. I hope to
enjoy these newsgroups again someday.

Happy Raytracing Everyone~

-Samuel Benge