POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Which version of Poser? : Re: Which version of Poser? Server Time
1 May 2024 19:03:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which version of Poser?
From: Dan P
Date: 2 Apr 2004 23:32:31
Message: <406e3e5f$1@news.povray.org>
John D. Gwinner wrote:

> "Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
>
>>When is it due?
>

> Tax day in the US, April 15th (actually the 16th)
>

>>The program is a Windows32 MFC C/C++ application
>
> No problem, I'm a C++ developer myself, I could run anything including debug
> binaries if you need GOOD feedback on GPF's and the like.

Awesome! Thanks!

> Now I have this scene in mind where she bends over (with a poneytail), puts
> the helmet on upside down over the hair, then stands up and it all falls
> down to her neck.  That would look pretty cool.

Very cool -- I hope you have a lot of RAM :-)

> I have a lot of other modeling to finish though (and taxes!), so it'll be
> tight.  Even if I don't use it for this though, I'm really starting to like
> the combo of Poser+POVRay for animations.

Poser is way-hard to figure out at first, but once you get the
hang-of-it, it's sweet. I wonder if that new movie "Game Over" is done
with Poser? I recognized the "Casual Pants" model on one of the
characters which raised my eyebrow :-)

> Heck, even for stills having dyanmic hair and clothes will look much better.
> Morphs go a long way but cloth and hair that actually drapes, that'll look
> much more real.

I can totally relate to the lack of time thing :-( My homework has been
brutle lately. This week I had a break, but next week; right back into
the fray.

--
Respectfully,
Dan P