POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : stereo image creation : Re: stereo image creation Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:12:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stereo image creation
From: Harold
Date: 2 Apr 2004 14:19:54
Message: <406dbcda$1@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message

> What I'm doing does not produce keystone distortion. I'm talking about
> modifying the direction vector, while leaving the right vector alone.
> The result is basically the same as cropping images from parallel
> cameras, and seems to be a lot easier to focus on, as well as making
> better use of the image space.

Okay, I have to admit my ignorance. I don't know how modifying
the direction vector affects the image.

> When focusing on nearer objects, rotating
> cameras should simulate what the eyes really see more closely.

Yes, but like I said, there is no viewing system that takes
convergence into account. What you end up with is images
with angular distortion because they are rendered from the
perspective of converging eyes, but they are viewed in
parallel.

Harolddd