POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 3.6 expiration again... : Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again...
From: Tom Melly
Date: 1 Apr 2004 11:24:57
Message: <406c4259@news.povray.org>
"Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote in message
> war### [at] tagpovrayorg news:406c02d4@news.povray.org

Raf, the reason has been explained several times, and as you know you can still
use an expired beta by setting your system time appropriately. I really don't
understand why you can't let this one go.

Taking the suggestion you made, you basically want extra code in the beta, which
sounds like a bad idea. Besides that:

>Chances that one could not install old 3.5 and needs to use installed pov
>(3.6) *right now* are small, but are notacible.

I'm afraid, afaik, this shows a basic ignorance of the role of betas (and
beta-testers). And (once more with feeling) YOU CAN STILL USE THE BETA IF YOU
ADJUST YOUR SYSTEM CLOCK!!!!!!!

BTW I'm a tolerant guy (imho), and you're starting to p*** me off, so god help
Thorsten.... ;)