POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 3.6 expiration again... : Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again...
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 31 Mar 2004 13:57:09
Message: <406b1485$1@news.povray.org>
> I stil dont understand what is point of disallowing peoples to use 3.6 if
> they realy want to, woould a warining message be better...?

This has been discussed when POV-Ray went into Beta Stages with 3.5, and the
same applies to 3.6: If running versions of various Beta Releases are
floating around the web, there's always some guy that will just look past
the warnings and report bugs that have been taken care of months ago. Thus,
there's a time limit. An expired beta will hardly stay in the web for much
longer than its expiration date.

> It is quite stupid that I have to hack a free ware program.

IMHO, it is stupid to hack a beta. It's by no means finished and should
never be considered "final", why go into the hassle of hacking it?

That aside, what exactly are you using from 3.6 which isn't in 3.5, and
which you so direly need in order to complain about the expiration date
everytime it is passed?

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>