POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media Help : Re: Media Help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Help
From: Buddy13
Date: 29 Mar 2004 14:59:36
Message: <40688028@news.povray.org>
Hughes, B. wrote:
> "Buddy13" <bud### [at] themappersguildcom> wrote in message
>
>>Hughes, B. wrote:
>>

>>>Where I suggested to raise the densities: special attention for the
>>>spherical pattern since scaling it larger will also thicken the media,
>>>keeping in mind that media densities should be inverse to scaling. In
>
> this
>
>>>case, using the values already given for the spherical part and ten
>
> times
>
>>>for the bozo part should work good.
>>>

>>Thanks, I'm trying it now.
>

> Should be okay for camera to subject distances of around 10 units. I just
> neglected to mention that before. Other scene scales will certainly need
> more adjustments made.
>
> Curiously, I think I've stumbled across a bug about spherical patterned
> (only global?) media that shows itself when using a spotlight along with
> sky_sphere or background color. Posting about it to the povray.general group
> to get any feedback about it. Summed up, it blanks out the background where
> the spotlight passes through the media.

My standard distance in this scene is 150 units back.
In this scene, I think it's close to 1unit=1inch.

Is the spherical even needed? I really don't know what I'm doing in
regards to media, this is my first time using it. The only reason the
spherical is there is because it was in that scene I copied it from.

I've read the documentation over and over but it's greek to me.