POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media Help : Re: Media Help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Help
From: Hughes, B
Date: 28 Mar 2004 18:16:40
Message: <40675cd8$1@news.povray.org>
"Buddy13" <bud### [at] themappersguildcom> wrote in message

> Nothing seems to make my lights visible -- although some things make the
> whole scene too murky to even see.

The 'spherical' pattern doesn't reach outside of a 1 unit radius, that will
need to be scaled upward to fit the bounds of your scene. Other than that, I
think you'll also need to raise the density values, so try ten times of what
they are currently.

Also, you could leave out the intervals and other settings, since the
defaults in version 3.5 usually do okay, at least until you get a look at
the media.

P.S.
Where I suggested to raise the densities: special attention for the
spherical pattern since scaling it larger will also thicken the media,
keeping in mind that media densities should be inverse to scaling. In this
case, using the values already given for the spherical part and ten times
for the bozo part should work good.

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com