POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media Help : Media Help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Media Help
From: Buddy13
Date: 28 Mar 2004 17:25:00
Message: <406750bc@news.povray.org>
I can't seem to get media to work properly. I want the cones of light to
actually be visible (not too visible, but enough to give the impression
of being slightly foggy).

I tried some stuff from the help file, and even copied the media
statement from that "Chickens and Aliens" scene from the IRTC (with and
without the containing sphere).

Nothing seems to make my lights visible -- although some things make the
whole scene too murky to even see.

Code is as follows:

----snip----
media{
   intervals 5
   samples 1,5
   confidence .99
   variance 1/150
   ratio .75
   scattering { 2, rgb 1 extinction 1 }
   density {
     spherical color_map {
       [0.0 rgb 0]
       [.5 rgb .035]
       [1.0 rgb .07]
     }
   }
   density {
     bozo color_map {
       [0.0 rgb 0]
       [1.0 rgb .07]
     }
     turbulence .25
     scale .25
   }
}

Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps I'm just retarded.

Thanks.