POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Building a fast PC... : Re: Building a fast PC... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Building a fast PC...
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 28 Mar 2004 13:21:10
Message: <40671795@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

>> If you are using Windows, you should take a look at SMPOV:
>> http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm
>> A freeware tool for distributed POV-rendering for Windows.
>>
>> Another option would be POV-Anywhere by Christoph Hormann
>> (http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/povany/index.html) which
>> works on many platforms (including Windows using cygwin).
>
> That looks pretty useful :)

I'm actually rendering my animations using RendView, a self-developed
tool. Not useful for still images but it can distribute frames across a
network. Lots of features.

http://www.cip.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~wwieser/ani/rendview/

BTW, as we were talking about the hardware: I was running RendView
and POVRay-3.5+own patches on a...
  28-node PIV-2.4 GHz (HT) cluster
last week for the animation "Flying along Vallis Marineris on Mars"
Can recomment that :)

Wolfgang