POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : another memory question : Re: another memory question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another memory question
From: Bill Hails
Date: 28 Mar 2004 12:21:10
Message: <40670986@news.povray.org>
Bill Hails wrote:

> It's quite obvious that it is making copies of the
> entire mesh, is there anything I need to avoid
> doing in order to stop the mesh2 being copied?

After further investigation, I can answer my own
question here.

If I make the texture_list contain only a single
texture instead of one per leaf, and point all of
the face_indices for all the leaves at it, the
problem goes away.

I can live with that for my current needs, but
I'd suggest that it's a bug.

--
Bill Hails