POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Building a fast PC... : Re: Building a fast PC... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Building a fast PC...
From: Tek
Date: 27 Mar 2004 01:33:39
Message: <40652043$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote in message
news:Nvn### [at] econymdemoncouk...
> To find out what's fastest, I suggest that you take a look at the
> "Official PoVRay Benchmarks" site
> <http://new.haveland.com/povbench/index.php>

Yes I know that site, my PC's currently ranked 20th on their single processors
list :)

> The figures there are for the POV 3.5 benchmark and go as low as
> 11 mins 7 for a single CPU and 1 minute 12 for 128 CPUs in parallel.

Those benchmarks are very interesting, but they're not giving me enough
information to compare the various options, like how to set up povray with 128
CPUs!

So I was hoping some of the knowledgable folks here might be able to offer more
practical advice. I'd be very interested in hearing from people who've conducted
these very fast benchmarks and whether they think it's suitable for my purposes.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com