POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Cloth "Foil" or metal sheets : Cloth "Foil" or metal sheets Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:49:18 EDT (-0400)
  Cloth "Foil" or metal sheets
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 27 Mar 2004 00:04:33
Message: <40650b61$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying some of the cloth examples, but I thought I'd post a note and see
if anyone has tried simulating 'foil' or metal sheets with the various cloth
programs.

At first I was thinking of a piece of cloth with no gravity, but it SHOULD
drop, it just shouldn't deform when it does drop.

I haven't seen a 'stiffness' parameter in MegaPOV yet, I'm looking at other
cloth patches.

What I"m trying to simulate is a cannon ball shot through a 'door' that is a
piece of metal.  I can live without 'tearing', all I want is the door to
basically move out of the way and then stop, as if pushed aside.  (well,
it's not a cannonball and it's moving a little slower, think of an imovable
force meets a moveable object).

Any advice?

        == John ==