POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : QTPOV Editor v0.3.0 stable : Re: QTPOV Editor v0.3.0 stable Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:53:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTPOV Editor v0.3.0 stable
From: gRRosminet
Date: 26 Mar 2004 14:48:56
Message: <40648928@news.povray.org>
Marin Ferecatu wrote:

>> http://qtpoveditor.sf.net
>

> Excellent work, thank you for this editor! It compiled without problem
> under linux slackware 9.1, gcc 3.3.3, qt 3.2.3. I use it every day now.
>
> Here is the list of my wishes (is this the right place to post them?):
>
> 1. Insert menu entries are not recursive. I mean if the insert menu path
> contains a deep structure of directories only the first level *.txt
> files are displayed in the insert menu (see below)
> Concerning the first point, I wrote a (very) small patch to parse
> recursively the insert menu path and display *.txt files found as nested
> menu items. I use insert menu add-on(s) from Friedrich Lohmueller site
> and some others and the directory structure is recursive many times deep.
 > If anyone is interested, drop me a mail.If Thierry accepts patches
 > maybe I can send it to him (it's really a small modification).

==> Of course I want it ! actualy, I was realy hurry ti get something
working, but I can remember that doing something recursive would not be
a hard work to do it. I'll integrate it into the source if you've done it !

> 2. When quitting, even if all files are saved, the editor keeps asking
> about open files and if it should save some of them. When there are
> unsaved files, this is the normal behavior, but otherwise is somewhat
> annoying.

==> I know, I know ... this was the easiest solution. I think I'll do
something for this

> 3. It would be nice to have a small preview for the insert menu items
> where there is a *.bmp file available (standard windows povray
> distribution does that) - it helps a lot the beginners like me :-)
> (maybe also an option somewhere to disable this feature if it is
> annoying for more experienced users)

==> If you do it, it'll be integrated, but I don't think I'll do it
(previews are frequently non-representative)

> 4. after running povray it shoud be nice to have a non modal windows
> displaying the resulted image. Right now I use am image viewer and
> refresh the image every povray run, but again, it is a little bit
> annoying. Kpovmodeler has a window like this which displays the image
> being rendered while it is rendered, with a progress bar and a speed
> indication (in kpixels/sec). I know kpovmodeler is a kde program, but
> maybe Qt can do that also.

==> Of course, this can be done using QT. Personnaly, I use the povray
output with the "Pause when done" option. Perhaps a viewer could be added.