POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wishlist : Re: POV Wishlist Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Wishlist
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 26 Mar 2004 06:02:45
Message: <40640dd4@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Oh. Well, this ups the complexity quite a bit too.

Its not that complicated to implement a P2P system once you already have
something client-server, Especially as in this instance the central server
model (ala napster) is fine (were not trying to avoid being shut down /
lawsuits)

> Personally, I don't know that I'd want to donate my computer's time to
> someone else's commercial venture, for something like this. Medicine?
> Sure. SETI? Sure. POV traces for posters? Uh....

Posters/large works for print are my specific goal, what other people use
the system for is up to them. Something like you contribute to the farm
(and help render other people's bits, and in return can use it to render
your own works, hopefully getting finished images back faster than you
could manage on your own - what ever said images may be)

Very few POVers are using 100% cpu rendering all the time, so why not let a
fellow POVer benifit from your spare cycles. (and we can all watch the
network grind to a crawl the next time the IRTC do a glass round)

--
Rick

Kitty5 NewMedia http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : (+44) 0845 1083740 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key : http://pgp.kitty5.com