POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL Access to Already Declared Objects? : Re: SDL Access to Already Declared Objects? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SDL Access to Already Declared Objects?
From: Chambers
Date: 25 Mar 2004 12:11:32
Message: <406312c4$1@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> In article <4060aa7f@news.povray.org>,
>  "Chambers" <bdc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> > Structures would be useful in and of themselves, but that's another
topic.

> Not entirely. I mentioned it because it would put all the parse code in
> one place, doing one thing: accessing members of structures, rather than
> scattered throughout all the object parsing code. Objects would parse to
> these structures, and later be converted to the internal form for actual
> rendering. It still adds complexity, but gets rid of several problems at
> once.

So you're saying that objects themselves would be declared as structures,
and then the rendering engine would read information from these structures?
That *would* simplify access to per-object info, but I'm not sure about the
effect it would have on SDL.  Wouldn't the SDL need reworking?

--
...Chambers
http://www.geocities.com/bdchambers79