POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How would I do this? : Re: How would I do this? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How would I do this?
From: stephen parkinson
Date: 24 Mar 2004 14:46:32
Message: <4061e598$1@news.povray.org>
Tyler Eaves wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:12:52 -0500, Tyler Eaves wrote:
>
> Here's another shot.
> http://tylere.com/coaster4.png
>
> Shot from directly above the 'singularity', with an ortho camera. The red
> line represents the actual spline.

that looks suspiciously like a divide by 'something getting very small'

limiting to the vicinity of the defect...
would it be possible to put an extended pointing cylinder starting at
each point in spline pointing in the vector direction of the rails?
also output the angle between the vector and each axis?
perhaps look at the source/internal doc on the transform function for
indications of special cases?

stephen