POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Does disc normal vector interfere with scattering media? : Re: Does disc normal vector interfere with scattering media? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:08:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does disc normal vector interfere with scattering media?
From: Scott Gammans
Date: 22 Mar 2004 21:28:00
Message: <405fa0b0$1@news.povray.org>
Alain,

First of all, you definitely should win tonight's prize for fastest response
(8 minutes!).

It never would have occurred to me to add the "hollow" keyword; I thought a
disc was supposed to be infinitely thin and that "hollow" wouldn't apply.

But sure enough, once I added "hollow" to the disc definition, the problem
disappeared. Thanks!