POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : QTPOV Editor v0.3.0 stable : Re: QTPOV Editor v0.3.0 stable Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:56:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTPOV Editor v0.3.0 stable
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 22 Mar 2004 17:54:23
Message: <405f6e9f$1@news.povray.org>
"gRRosminet" <pov### [at] les-charlesnet> wrote in message
> Florian Brucker wrote:
> > Just had a quick try (no time for a deeper look into the new version,
> > yet), but here are some things I noticed:
> >
> > - Binaries would not run on my Mandrake 9.2 (segfault). No problem,
> > though, compiling worked without any problems.
>
> => I don't know how to built a binarie that works one every palterforms.
> the binaries that I have done where built on mdk 9.1 with QT 3.2.3
>

> > - The tab-bug of the former version seems fixed (in the last version,
> > the cursor jumped in the middle of the word if you tabbed the word,
> > therfore making two or more tabs impossible). Thanks for that :)
>
> => I was bored too ;-P
>

> > - The ini-editor seems very mighty and it's cool that it covers all the
> > options. However I think it might be to mighty for only quick changes. I
> > loved the old configuration tab (especially antialiasing, command line,
> > quality and resolution). Perhaps something like giving some simple
> > options (like the old ones) directly on the panel and add a button
> > labeled "more options" which shows the full editor.
>
> => In fact, you can quickly create an ini file with assistant : create
> new ini, click on refresh, click on assistant set width, height, AA and
> source file name. Click on OK and save it ... I think it's quick enough
> and as you can modify the source of the ini and give extra parameters in
> the "ini to use" combo, the old system won't be restored.
>

> > More comments when I got time to really work with your app!
> >
> > Florian
> >
> > P.S.: I really appreciate the work you're putting into this!
>
> => Thanks :)

FYI, the binary worked on slackware 9.1 with QT 3.2.1. I'm going to build
from source later. I just wanted to see if it ran :)

Also, as a suggestion to the documentation for people who are not really big
on QT development on linux, simply want to try out your applicaiton, it
might be good to say how they can check to see what version of the QT
libraries they have installed. I don't know if this is a general solution,
but "kde-config -v" displays relevant information.

i'll tinker more with your editor later. thanks for the updates.

ross.