POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : QTPOV Editor v0.3.0 stable : Re: QTPOV Editor v0.3.0 stable Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:49:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTPOV Editor v0.3.0 stable
From: gRRosminet
Date: 22 Mar 2004 16:50:30
Message: <405f5fa6$1@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker wrote:
> Just had a quick try (no time for a deeper look into the new version,
> yet), but here are some things I noticed:
>
> - Binaries would not run on my Mandrake 9.2 (segfault). No problem,
> though, compiling worked without any problems.

=> I don't know how to built a binarie that works one every palterforms.
the binaries that I have done where built on mdk 9.1 with QT 3.2.3

> - The tab-bug of the former version seems fixed (in the last version,
> the cursor jumped in the middle of the word if you tabbed the word,
> therfore making two or more tabs impossible). Thanks for that :)

=> I was bored too ;-P

> - The ini-editor seems very mighty and it's cool that it covers all the
> options. However I think it might be to mighty for only quick changes. I
> loved the old configuration tab (especially antialiasing, command line,
> quality and resolution). Perhaps something like giving some simple
> options (like the old ones) directly on the panel and add a button
> labeled "more options" which shows the full editor.

=> In fact, you can quickly create an ini file with assistant : create
new ini, click on refresh, click on assistant set width, height, AA and
source file name. Click on OK and save it ... I think it's quick enough
and as you can modify the source of the ini and give extra parameters in
the "ini to use" combo, the old system won't be restored.

> More comments when I got time to really work with your app!
>
> Florian
>
> P.S.: I really appreciate the work you're putting into this!

=> Thanks :)