POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL Access to Already Declared Objects? : SDL Access to Already Declared Objects? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:10:04 EDT (-0400)
  SDL Access to Already Declared Objects?
From: Chambers
Date: 22 Mar 2004 13:02:39
Message: <405f2a3f$1@news.povray.org>
How difficult would it be to allow SDL access to predeclared objects?  Ie,
you'd use something like this:

#declare obj = firstObject;

// obj is now a reference to the first declared object

#declare loc = obj.location;
#declare pig = obj.texture.pigment;
#declare med = obj.interior.media;
#declare shine = obj.texture.finish.specular;

// The above would be access to the referenced variables.

#declare obj = nextObject;

// And continue with the rest

I'm not interested in changing the objects already declared, just in getting
information about them.  I don't see that there would be any technical
difficulties, and it would be hugely advantageous for particle simulations,
among other things.

Any thoughts?

--
...Chambers