POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wishlist : Re: POV Wishlist Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Wishlist
From: David Burnett
Date: 20 Mar 2004 07:13:25
Message: <405c3565$1@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:
> In article <405b1638@news.povray.org>,
>  David Burnett <var### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:
>

> The main reason against it is the
> support headaches.

Then don't support it. I don't expect Alias to support Maya plugin's.
You support the API and that is all. Same level of support as for the
unofficial pov versions.

> There is also a small security issue...if any scene could load and run
> code from a plugin included with it, it would be easy to write a trojan.

Some goes for any program that has plugins. Hell the unofficial pov
versions could have trojans, there is no guarantee that the source
available is the one used to compile the binaries. Same for the
official version. If the pov team would really be that pov could go the
embedded language route, most of them offer sandboxes.

Dave