POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Random thoughts about povray and xml : Re: Random thoughts about povray and xml Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random thoughts about povray and xml
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Mar 2004 07:06:15
Message: <405c33b7$1@news.povray.org>

news:Xns94B1A5863FF0DZenZenPsychocom@203.29.75.35...
> So, I know that there's been much talk about using XML for povray scene
> description language, and a lot of sunk in povray purists will have none
> of it!

The problem is less purism than the fact that the benefits of XML for
POV-Ray hand-coded scene development aren't exactly obvious while I wouldn't
rank the other (very theoretical) benefits as a top priority.
In any case, YafRay is a new free raytracer that uses XML for scene coding
(usually in combination with Blender). You may want to have a look and see
how it works.
http://www.coala.uniovi.es/~jandro/noname/

G.

--