POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Random thoughts about povray and xml : Re: Random thoughts about povray and xml Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:11:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random thoughts about povray and xml
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 20 Mar 2004 04:29:09
Message: <405c0ee5@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns94B1DBBA41E8ZenZenPsychocom@203.29.75.35> , Breton Slivka
<Zen### [at] ZenPsychocom>  wrote:

> However, I am not suggesting XML as a replacement of SDL, as you say,
> the loops and conditionals and programmatic elements are not so easy to
> implement in XML. however, XML could possibly be a solution to a very
> specific problem POVRAY has..... interoperability with other 3d
> programs.

You are confusing chicken and egg here:  POV-Ray is older than almost all
commercial non-CAD 3D render programs you can buy today.  Hence, it is not
that POV-Ray does not interoperate with them, but that they do not
interoperate with POV-Ray! ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde