POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : automate a render sequence (batch operation) : automate a render sequence (batch operation) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  automate a render sequence (batch operation)
From: crz
Date: 19 Mar 2004 03:46:51
Message: <405ab37b$1@news.povray.org>
the programm that I use, creates 2 reference *.inc files and separate *.pov
files for every frame for every framestep. So if I want to make an animation
of 40 sec. I end up with 1000 *.pov files and 2 *.inc files.

How can I automate this in povray so that first file 0001 is rendered, then
0002, ect....?

Look at batch opparation, made a batch file, located in the bin dir. of
povray and next to it a sample pov scene + the 2 inc files:

"pvengine.exe +H640 +W480 +A0.3 +sample_scene_0000.pov +000Otest.bmp "

But when running batch file povray starts up, and when repeting it while
povray is open it prompts me with the following poup message:

"Only /EDIT and /RENDER may be passed to previous instance"

So any ideas how I would set up such a batch sequence (have little
experience with batch files, and povray). (And prefer a solution where I
don't have to edit all 1000 files to include some line of code)

Thx