POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : OT: GIMP tip : Re: GIMP tip Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GIMP tip
From: Jellby
Date: 18 Mar 2004 17:15:29
Message: <405a1f80@news.povray.org>
Among other things, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> I don't mind all the floating stuff, except it takes up room it doesn't
> need to when I am not actually using it and you can't get the main image
> window to behave in anything even approaching a sane and usable way as it
> exists. I much prefer PSP. Imho.. If Gimp's main tool window was smaller,
> taking up only the top of the screen, its other gadgets where drop down,
> that just showed the basic title of the toolset, these things remained
> floating on the 'top' of the other windows and Gimp was smart enough to
> 'tile' or 'stack' images in the space below the main toolbar (and to not
> screw up the tiling if you zoom in or out on one of the images), I would
> have been quite happy.

In case you don't know/remember: You can "roll up" windows in KDE, just
double-click the title bar (I think that's the default) and the window will
shrink to it, then just hover the mouse for a couple of moments on the
titlebar and it will unroll.

--
light_source{9+9*x,1}camera{orthographic look_at(1-y)/4angle 30location
9/4-z*4}light_source{-9*z,1}union{box{.9-z.1+x clipped_by{plane{2+y-4*x