POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Wishlist : Re: POV Wishlist Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Wishlist
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 18 Mar 2004 13:12:40
Message: <4059e698@news.povray.org>
> I would much rather see the perl module povray.pm ;)
>
> use povray;
> my $result = povray->render(  AA => 0.3,
>                               AM => 2,
>     	    	    	    	    	etc, etc...
>                            );

Good idea. Shouldn't be such a great problem, though. Except you want
some really fancy features like inserting every object via Perl:

povray->scene->add_sphere(0,1);

Even that would be possible, but don't worth the effort IMHO. A module
for calling POV-Ray with different options would be fine. Nice features
would also be OO-access to the stats etc. Perhaps it's time to do some
Perl again :)

Florian