POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Damn beta timeout : Re: Damn beta timeout Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Damn beta timeout
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 18 Mar 2004 04:02:37
Message: <405965ad@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns94B03C662AC9Araf256com@203.29.75.35>, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj"
<spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:

> I think that there realy should be an option like --force that will skip
> checing date - for users that know what they are doing and want to
> a) use software *now* without reistalling
> b) wan to test older version i.e. for comparsion/benchmark/etc

How about just downloading the latest beta version or not using a beta at
all?  From your message I get the clear impression that you should not be
using a beta version at all because a beta version is not even supposed to
be used to replace the latest release version.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde